Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Lucky Lady

The other day I was pressed for time as always in my life and I knew I needed to make something special for my lady for her birthday...

A quick scratch on my head, some Titanium bar and the stop at the coin shop on the drive home proved to be a good choice.


I have always been a big fan of big gauged earrings, better yet if they are worn by a super cute girl with tattoos that loves to ride bike!

 Perfect sign me up, twice!
For the kids out there that don't know what Gauged earrings look like, here it is...


Heres what I made over lunch break ( don't tell her it was that quick )


Her ear hole size is 3/4 (.750 ) of an inch ( a bit bigger then the photo above ) and a Mercury dime has a outside diameter of .702

Then I pressed the dime in to the Titanium rings I made with a tight press, the dime is locked in without the use of glue or anything, so with that being said if you find a cooler dime you can press them out and press in a new dime.




With a big stack of roses and a pair of these 1938 Silver beauties, she is bound to hang out with me for another week!!

" Treat them like GOLD, and they will aways come back" - Casper Tiedeken ( my dad ) 
Thanks Dad you were right

1 comment: